Sunday, January 23, 2011

Claire's Growth




In many ways Claire is growing up WAY TOO FAST! At 4 1/2 months she is rolling over and just cut her first tooth. She is smiley and loves to play with and bat at toys, desperately trying to get them into her mouth.

On the other hand, at her 4 month check up, the doctor was not happy with her growth. She is only 10lbs 15ozs. That is only the 4th percentile. He said if she was steady at a particular percentile, however small that might be, it would be just fine, but since she dropped from the 14th to the 4th in the last couple months, he is concerned she is not getting enough milk and suggested I supplement her after every feeding. I am worried if I do that I will start producing even less and soon will have to rely on formula. I have decided to start taking some herbal supplements and feed her more often. I hope it will help.

Audrey, 5 1/2, is very excited about the fact that her first adult tooth is coming in. It is growing up behind the baby tooth, but the dentist took x-rays and said to just have her keep wiggling it. The tooth gets looser everyday, but seems to be taking forever.

1 comment:

Julie Jardine said...

My little girl had a tooth come in behind the old one like that too. I freeked out at first and took her to the dentist. But they said it was very normal, and that it would all come in fine....and it did. So hopefully her's does too.
Looks like you had fun in St. George.