Thursday, March 4, 2010

What a Whirlwind!

I think things have settled down around here enough to tell everyone about Curtis's job whirlwind that happened last week.We were blown away by how much both of these companies wanted Curtis.
Here is a summary of the goings on: Affiliate Alliance offered Curtis a position less than a week after he started at Sound Concepts. SC raised their offer by just enough for us to feel it was worth it to stay close to home. Only a couple of hours after Curtis turned down AA's offer, they increased the offer to where we just couldn't refuse. Curtis told SC he decided to accept AA's offer and started on Monday in Salt Lake. On his way home from work, SC called and basically matched AA's offer. So now after telling both companies yes and no and yes again, he is now working close to home with a raise that we never, ever expected. The best of both worlds!
It is such a relief, like I can finally breath freely, to have Curtis finally making what he should be and to have a normal American salary. What a blessing! I am already planning out how to spend all this money (poor Curtis). I want a new bike, a trip to Disneyland, a bigger car, and then I plan on getting my jugulars fixed, even if it means going to Poland (but I am hoping for the clinical trial at Stanford to be approved). Oh, and I've planned out a "Babymoon" in my head, but I haven't told Curtis about it yet.
I am so proud of Curtis and so grateful for all that has happened. Without being laid-off, Curtis never would have found this job or gotten such an awesome raise. We are going to make it! I wasn't so sure before. I know I still need to be careful with money and save for a rainy day, but it's nice basking in the sun after such a rainy season. =)

4 comments:

Curtis Gibby said...

So, a babymoon, eh?

Freebairn Family said...

So glad things worked out. . . and that you can still plan for Disneyland!

Lisa said...

So happy for you Sarah. So glad things worked out so well.

Julie Jardine said...

Wow, that is seriously an amazing story! Truely...blessings from the Lord! How cool! (So are you still going to use clothe diapers?)