Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our "New" Swing Set

There has been a swing set in our neighborhood, on a trailer, sitting on the side of the road since last fall. Every time I drove by it I wondered if maybe they didn't want it anymore and they'd be willing to sell it to us. I never had the courage to do it. I told Curtis about my lack of courage and last week he stopped by the house and asked them about it. Their grandchildren, who they got it for, had moved away and they had never set it up. He would have to ask his wife. Saturday was a yucky weather day, so last night we walked down to the house as a family and Curtis offered $20, which they took. Then they hooked the trailer to their truck and drove it to our house. The kids are so excited to have a swing set! And I am so excited to not have to pay for and put together a new one! And it is twice as big as the one I was thinking of buying! I am so proud of my brave husband. Now we just need to level it and cement it in place.


1 comment:

Alaura said...

YAY!!! Take many pictures with your kids on it.