Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Weekend


This was the Gibby Camp Out weekend. I really enjoyed visiting with all of Curtis's extended family last year and looked forward to it this year, but decided it was best for me to stay home, so Curtis took the kids camping by himself.

I found out over two and a half weeks ago that I was expecting. We were very excited and even more excited when we learned that our baby would only be 5 weeks younger than Scott and Elise's baby. Two weeks ago, I started spotting and knew by Thursday night that I would most likely lose the baby this weekend and I did.

It was peaceful to be at home alone, but also boring and lonely. I spent some time with my mom and dad. It is so nice to have them close. Dad even came over and fixed our roof this weekend (which also included killing a huge wasp nest)!

I am not as traumatized by this miscarriage as I was my first. I am still sad, but I know everything will be ok. I know that having more time to get healthier is better for both baby and me. Maybe my kids don't like to share the spotlight. My last miscarriage would have only been 6 weeks younger than my niece Addie.

Curtis and the kids arrived home safely and had a great time camping, though all are quite tired from not enough sleep. Nathan losing his binky + train 40 feet away + campers up till 1:30= Not much sleep, poor souls. =)

4 comments:

Becca Curzon said...

I'm so sorry Sarah. I feel so selfish asking things of you and being so wound up that I didn't even ask you how you were or listen to you. It is so sad, I cried for you.

Maybe we'll have a baby at the same time this next time around. We'll see. I love you!

Linnae said...

So sorry for your loss Sarah. Remain faithful and all will be well. We miss your smiling face!

Julie Jardine said...

I'm sorry to hear this Sarah. You are such an awesome wife and mother! And I think it is so awesome that you are doing all these things to change your diet and stuff. Because of you, I went looking through my pantry the other day, and my refigerator, and realized just how many things are cooked. It is crazy. I am ashamed to say that baring some things in the fridge, there wasn't much that wasn't processed in some form or another. Thank you for opening my eyes to some of these things. I don't think that I will go all out, like you are. But I'm am definately going to start doing more recipes that are raw. I checked out your web sites. It all looks so good. I need to change my habits at the STORE though. I need to learn how to shop for the right kinds of food. Anyway, thank you for your inspiration!
(Also for your inspiration with all your sewing and crafts. I want to make a skirt for my little girl, thanks to you! And maybe something for myself some day.)

Ginamarie said...

Sarah. I am so sorry. I cannot believe that you have had to live through the heartbreak again. Please know that I am thinking of you and pray that everything will go well for you and your family.