Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My thoughts on polygamy...



I spent last week with my mother, sister and sister-in-law in California. Together we had 6 kids under the age of six (6, 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 18 months, 13 months and 3 months). There were no men around. It was so nice to always have someone there to help. Natalia was able to go to her son's class and help out while we stayed home, Becca was able to help Audrey use the bathroom while I was nursing, and I was able to go on bike rides with the oldest two boys. There was no need for babysitters and we always had someone to talk to. The kids played well together. Though we did not share a husband, which would be the hardest and most awkward part, we happily shared everything else, even the dirty diapers. I really enjoyed this situation, though we were all tired and ready to go home by the end of the week. We all agreed how nice it would be to at least live within a couple minutes of each other. I'm sad to say this will most likely not happen any time soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharing a man is not going to happen either.