Thursday, February 18, 2010

There's a Mouse in the House!

As I was getting Nathan out of the car a couple of days ago, Audrey went inside without me and quickly returned yelling, "There's a mouse in the house!"
"Is it dead?" I asked. "No" "Is it running around?" "No" "Is it moving?" "Yes"
I was little confused so I followed her in and there it was sitting in front of the refrigerator. It looked like it was eating, but it did not run away, so I grabbed the camera. That's when I realized it probably found the poison and hadn't quite died yet. I put on some gloves and through it outside.

Every time I lay down for a rest during the day I hear the mice scratching above me and I have not been able to relax, let alone sleep. Curtis put poison in the attic, but I guess they haven't found it yet. There are some downsides of having woods and fields instead of neighbors behind our house. Any suggestions for getting rid of them once and for all? They avoid the traps and most of the time avoid the poison.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am not sure how you feel about traps but I saw on a show that you should put a little bit of Peanut butter on the trap and they are not able to take it and get caught.
We had to find where they were coming in and then do steal wool and other stuff to block the entrance to the house. It has worked great. Good luck

Lynn said...

They don't like the smell of mint. We put mint tea packets in our closets in one of our houses and we stopped hearing them.