Monday, February 15, 2010

Some Goings On

There have been lots of things happening around here, big changes, that I thought I would document and share.
The good news is that we are expecting baby number three! We are all very excited about it and can't wait until September 10th. We get to go listen to the heart beat for the first time next week. I have not been nearly as tired as I was with Nathan, but I have slowed down a little bit. I like to take a 10 minute rest in the afternoon most days, if time allows. I have been a lot more nauseous this time and I have had an aversion to vegetables. It has been a real challenge to eat healthy. I really need to get back on the bandwagon.
Last Thursday all the employees at Curtis's work were called into two different rooms, one room was told to pack up their stuff and were handed a check for their work up to that day. The other room got to stay. Curtis was one of the 60% who left without a job. What a crazy, unexpected surprise. He immediately drove over to RMP, his old job that he still worked a couple hours a day for, and continued to work. They have continued to allow him to work full time for now. They are in the middle of a buy out and no one knows the future, but we are so blessed that we still have something and that Curtis is so dedicated and hard working. He even already had one job interview. We are really hoping it works out because it is right here in American Fork.
In an effort to really tighten our belts, I have switch to cloth: diapers, napkins and wipes. For the napkins and wipes I just serged some scraps of flannel I already had. I really don't know how to tighten up any more. I still bought things that I didn't need to this week, maybe that's why I'm a little down right now, I feel like I'm failing. Why can't I just spend nothing except for necessary food items? Sigh. I'm cheap, but I still buy things I know we don't need.
We did nothing special for Valentine's Day, on purpose to avoid spending, but it made me feel a little sad, like other husbands and wives treasure each other more than we do. I got a skirt on clearance with a coupon for my V-day gift, very cute for $5 and tonight I am making Curtis some peanut butter rice crispy treats at his request.

2 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

Yeah, we've been really tightening up too. But what on earth could you possibly have purchased that you "didn't need" that cost all that much?!! I hear ya on feeling guilty about spending, and trying really hard to come in on budget, but heck girl...you are going to cloth diapers!!! So I think you can make a "funner" purchas every-now-and-again, and not feel to guilty about it!!! Hope all goes well! That is exciting that we are totally pregnant at the exact same time! Can't wait to find out what the genders will be! And it sounds like you are doing good! I...on the other hand...feel very tired most of the time!! Ugh...but it is worth it!

amberandbyron said...

I think I would rather starve than use cloth diapers and wipes! good luck. The best and only way I found to spend less money is not to leave the house and don't turn on the computer (cuz otherwise ebay is always calling) I only go to walmart 1x a month becuz for some reason I always get sucked in to buying things that I don't need. You always have the option of returning the non needed items if you really feel that guilty about it. I tend to do a lot of returns thanks to buyers guilt.