Friday, October 2, 2009

Kettle Corn Recipe

(We were obviously painting on the day this picture was taken.)

I mentioned my new favorite treat, Faux Kettle Corn, on my Slenderization Status blog and have been asked for the recipe, I thought I would post it here. My kids love it too!

3 batches of air-pop popcorn or 2 batches of stir crazy popcorn: Pour into paper grocery bag or large mixing bowl

Blend together (in a blender, mixing by hand doesn't work as well, I've tried):
1/3 cup agave (I suppose honey would work, but might have a stronger flavor)
1/3 cup coconut oil (if solid, place in container in a sink of hot water until it is a liquid)

Pour this mixture gradually over the popcorn and mix, then gradually sprinkle on:
1-2 tsp. of sea salt (to taste)
Shake or stir well.

Enjoy!

No comments: