Monday, March 2, 2009

So Far...So Good!

Well, we are kind of homeless right now, but we are very grateful to my parent for allowing us to stay with them this week. My mom told us about when she was moving with a 1 year old after about 5 years of marriage. They were in a tent! I can't imagine living in a tent with a 1 year old.

The move went pretty smoothly. Several men from the ward came and loaded all they could into the 26' truck, all before 10:30. Curtis then brought the truck down to Lehi with a couple of friends and unloaded about half of it into my parent's huge garage. Then came and filled it again with the last of our stuff. I didn't realize how much stuff we really have!

As I was packing the very last of our stuff and ready to lock the doors behind me, our neighbor Kristi Morris came over to say good-bye. She has been the best neighbor anyone could ever ask for. I suddenly realized how much I would miss their family and all of our friends in West Valley and began to cry. As I drove away from "our" house for the very last time, I cried even harder. I really didn't expect that. I was a little worried that I wouldn't end up so lucky with neighbors this time around.

We went to the new ward yesterday and everyone was so welcoming! We walked in and 30 seconds later the first counselor in the bishopric was introducing himself and set up a time to meet with the bishop after sacrament. When I told the Relief Society which house we are moving into they all gasped and said how much they love that house, that it's eveyone's dream house.
I am sorry I still don't have pictures, they will come.

The plan is to close on our old house tomorrow and hopefully close on our new house Wednesday so that we can move in on Thursday and we can bring the truck back. We know we aren't even half way through the move yet, we still have to clean and touch up paint and unload and then get settled, but I am looking forward to it all. It is nice that I have friends down here already and know where everything is, it is kind of like moving back home.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Sarah, I am so happy for you. You will be missed. You have been such a sweet heart all these years. I am thankful I have gotten to know you. I know you will do great. Enjoy that beautiful home and good luck on this new adventure.

Given Family said...

That's awesome Sarah. I'm glad things are going well. Hope the closings and the rest of the move goes great as well.

Michelle said...

Glad the move is going well and you are starting to settle in. I can't wait to see your new house!