Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baffling Conversations with a Three Year Old...

As we were driving home from Ogden the other night Audrey's brain was going none stop. She sang "Hot-cross buns, hot-cross buns, one a penny, two a penny, three a penny, four a penny, five a penny, six a penny, hot-crossed buns." It went on for what seemed like forever. Then she said, "I wish cars could stand up."
Me: "Stand up?"
Audrey: "Ya, on their trunks. Then they could do the hoola-hoop game."
Me: "What's the hoola-hoop game?"
Audrey: "Where you put a big loop on and make it go round and round. That would be fun."
Me: "I'm not very good at that but daddy is."
Audrey: "When I get big I will be good at it."
We then stopped at a light for awhile and she thoughtfully said, "I wish I had glue on my back."
Me: "Glue on your back? Why would you want glue on your back?"
Audrey: "So I could be up high on the traffic light branch."
Me: "Why do you want to be up there? Wouldn't it be boring?"
Audrey: "No, it would be fun. I could watch the cars go by."
Me: "How would you eat?"
Audrey: "You would just climb, climb, climb and give me the food."
Me: "Would you change your clothes?"
Audrey: "No. I would where these clothes forever."
There as a break in conversation and out of nowhere she said, "When it's my birthday you can just let go of the balloons and I'd catch them, but I wouldn't have any cake or ice cream."
What thoughts!