Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh Ya, June!

Now that I looked at the pictures, I remember what happened in June.

I was raised in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, surrounded by beautiful forests. People seemed to treasure and treat them well up there, so when I moved into this house I didn't even look in the woods behind my house. I just supposed they would be a safe place for my kids to play when they got older. Much to my dismay, they had been used for dumping. Then when people kept adding to it I had to do something! I set up a day for a neighborhood park clean up and put flyers on everyone's door. I chose a bad day and not many people were able to come, but know I hope they know that dumping on city property is not ok! I couldn't have done anything with out my dad. He came and worked just as hard as Curtis and I all morning.


We hauled out three trailers full of green waste (thing people had dumped, even a whole tree! and their Christmas tree!) and one full of random big junk. We only made a dent in what is there, but we got the stuff right along the main trail that I could see from my kitchen window everyday.



My mother-in-law made me a "Fruit Cake" for my birthday and I loved it so much, I made one for my Dad's Birthday. Everyone loved it!



Curtis got his eyes lasered and has really enjoyed not dealing with contacts or glasses.


I made him a gift for Father's day. He keeps the frame at work to remind him of how much his kids love him.


The days it wasn't raining we were trying to remember to get outside and play. It has been an odd summer.



No comments: