Saturday, January 2, 2010

Year in Review

What a year! How did I jam so many changes into just 365 days?

Nathan turned one, he learned how to walk, talk, jump, and "ride" a bike. The age from 1 to 2 is so fun!

We moved in March, we love our new home and are getting to know our neighbors. I am still not as comfortable as I was with my old ward, but it will come. It just takes me a long time to make friends.

The stress of the move caused me to get optic neuritis, which lead to an MRI and an MS diagnosis. Not long after, my sister was also diagnosed with MS and my Aunt Wendy ended up in the hospital with her worst MS exacerbation. She is still in a nursing home. What a crazy time for my mom. I think she took it harder than I did.

I completely changed how I eat. I started on the Best Bet Diet, which a lot of people have success with slowing their MS symptoms with. Then I tried out totally raw and then started adding in some cooking, but high nutrition foods. I would now call how I eat Whole Foods, no processed, 60-80% raw and I avoid all "bad" foods. I am really enjoying it and learning more each day.

Because of my diet changes I have lost 60 lbs! In March, when I was depressed and had no energy I desperately wanted to lose weight, but I felt it was impossible, but worth a try. It is hard to believe I lost that much just this year! I have a 20 lb goal for this coming year.

My sister Alaura stayed with us for the summer. It was so nice to have her around. She helped out with the kids for all my doctor appointments and was great company.

Audrey turned 4 and started preschool. She loves it and I feel she is very ready for kindergarten next year.

I got pregnant, quicker than expected, but still exciting. It only last nine weeks. I am still a little sad about it, especially since I am still not pregnant again. Maybe this year...

Curtis got a pay decrease, which led to a new job. He is basically doing the same web programing, but for a company that we feel has a better future.

We went on a dream vacation to Hawaii! I thought it would be years before we got the opportunity, but we found a deal we couldn't pass up and I reached my 60 lb weight loss goal. What a wonderful vacation!

This year should be a good one. We need to rebuild our savings, so we won't be doing anything fancy, except maybe some medical expenses. I will hopefully be tested in a couple weeks for what is called CCSVI, a lack of drainage from the veins that drain the brain. I will than pursue a fix for the problem. We also hope to have another child at some point. Either way it will be exciting and wonderful.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Way to go Sarah Gibby. I miss you.
I am very proud of you and all the positive changes you have made this year. That is so exciting that you went to Hawaii. I pray this year will bring you all you hope for.