Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spin, Spin!!!

I got a new toy last week and I was so excited to use it. It is a ruffle foot for my sewing machine. I added a ruffle to an apron and decided yesterday to make a skirt that "pinkles" out really big for Audrey. I used scraps from past projects and sewed 400 inches of fabric around and around. I had fun. (Amber: You will recognize one of the purples from your quilt. Can you believe I still have scraps from that long ago?) I hope I don't bore you all with my craft projects recently. I really like having a room just for crafting. I can do a touch here and there and leave things out, come back to them later. It's great!

3 comments:

amberandbyron said...

I thought that fabric looked familiar!

Julie Jardine said...

That is awesome that you are crafting and sewing a lot. I want to get into it more. My mother in law got an awesome sewing machine and serger for her anniversary this year, and I got to go to the classes with her and learn about the machines! I can't wait to really get going and make something! It is so much fun! I have a sewing machine (but it isn't the super nice kind) But I need to make something cute! You are an inspiration! I'm just not sure how you find the time!

Lynn said...

My Marilyn Needs one of those. Maybe I will have her start saving up fabric we like and you can show me how to do it when you get here.