Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Homemade Christmas

I guess I got in a creative mood, or maybe I was just crazy, but I came up with gifts that I really wanted to make for my family. I am now going to show them off.

This little snuggle dress was made for my newest niece Laura (2 months old).
It says, "I love my daddy!"

This quilt was a surprise for my mother. All of my siblings helped pay for it. She loves her grand kids so much, but only gets to see three of them on a regular basis. I bet Curtis she would cry when she opened it. She did. I haven't seen her sit down once with out holding onto it.
It says, "Hold this tight when you can't hold us!"



I made 8 of these capes. 2 batman, 3 superman (one adult sized) and 3 princess.
I asked Audrey if she would be a super helper and do something for me. She said, "I can't. I don't have a cape on." I better finish hers quick!



I made these matching aprons for my sister-in-law Becca and her daughter Emma.
I loved this fabric so much.


I also made a tutu for my niece Sophia. My sister Alaura paid for the materials to make 3 capes and a tutu for James' family. I haven't heard their reaction, but I hope they love them.

In the midst of making all these gifts, I was able to use my talents and make special requests because of my BuzzAboutBaby business, which mostly paid for the gifts that I created for my family. I made an apron, a car seat canopy and a nursing cover.

It was a busy two weeks before Christmas, but fun.
I now need to catch up on all the housework I let slip.

2 comments:

Linnae said...

You are so creative! Way to go! I'm sure your family loved it all. The quilt is precious!

Lee said...

The Saturday night after Christmas when we got home everything got carried in and dumped. Sunday we didn't do much about it. On Monday, Tyler, Andrew, and Emma all had their Super Helper capes on to help me clean the house. They wore them until Lee got home from work so he knew they helped.

Emma helped make dinner with me a few days ago. Of course we were both wearing our aprons. Emma was modeling when Lee came home.

Thanks!