Monday, October 5, 2009

Ta-Da!

So I have been in a quandary of sorts recently. Because of my recent weight loss (45 lbs so far!), I no longer have any pants that fit. I am really tired of constantly pulling up my pants, but here's my dilemma: I am still losing weight and I want to be pregnant again soon, so I will be shrinking or growing. I just can't seem to justify buying a pair of pants that may only last a couple of months.

Last night I had an idea. I noticed that there were no stitches between the "border stitches" of the waistband on my pants, a perfect place to string some elastic through. The result:

An elastic waist band that will grow or shrink with me!
I know it's kind of sad that I am resorting to elastic, but hey, they now fit, without falling off, they didn't cost me anything and you can't even tell with my shirt down. I think I'm going to do this to some more of my pants!

2 comments:

Becca Curzon said...

Do you leave them adjustable? Do you want me to mail you some of the pants that don't fit me anymore, or do you think that you're about the same size as me, so that won't work? I can fit into most size 14 pants. So the ones that don't fit me anymore are size 16 and 18.

Julie Jardine said...

You are so cleaver! You could market that!