Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The $17 Pumpkin


A couple of weeks ago Audrey explained to me that pumpkins grow in a field called a pumpkin patch and we can go there and pick some! I thought that sounded really fun and we decided to go as a family and pick out our own pumpkin. I looked online and Hee Haw Farms said you could pick your own pumpkin in their field for 30 cents a pound.

When we arrived they explained that you have to pay for the farm yard entry and then you can pick and pay for a pumpkin. At $5 each (Nathan was free) we decided to go have some fun.





The kids loved the animal train, Curtis and I even got to ride on it!

The corn pit was really fun, too.

This rabbit was the sweetest rabbit I have aver had the pleasure of holding!


Nathan can't get enough of driving!

Hayride!

Pony ride!

The goats reminded me of our family's little farm in Houghton.
I can't seem to convince Curtis that having one ourselves would be fun though. =)

We had a really fun day and got one really expensive pumpkin. I can't wait to toast some pumpkin seeds.

2 comments:

Trever and Heather said...

How fun!

Lynn said...

If goats sound like fun, Sarah, you must not remember milking them twice a day whether it was snowing or not!