Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Declaration!

Some of you may know me for my easy going nature, maybe even submissive, but not everyone has witnessed my feisty side. When someone tells me that it can't be done I show them I can!

This reminds me of Audrey's birth and how the doctor told me that he didn't think I could do it. I showed him!!! Audrey was out in two pushes. No one can tell me what I can or can't do!

This is the attitude that has been building in me the last couple of days. I will not let this thing take me! My neurologist says there are meds that I can go on that will make me sick for a couple days and then a couple days later I will have to take them again. They only decrease symptoms by 30% and over all patients decline at about the same rate compared to not having them. That is the only option he gave me and that is not what I want!

After spending only a short time research MS on the internet, I have found several options that seem to help and even eradicate all symptoms! Diet is big! Overall health is even bigger!

One theory (in short) is that some food proteins can bind with a bacteria in my gut and leak into by blood. This super bacteria is very similar in composition to mylan sheath. My immune system gets confused and attacks both. So I am now eating no legumes, gluten, dairy or sugar. Basically it is a paleolithic diet, what hunters and gatherers would eat. So far my determination to keep this disease at bay has helped me to do it.

I am determined to do all I can to be as healthy as I can, for me and my family!

6 comments:

Julie Jardine said...

Good for you! That is the right kind of attitude!!! I'm so sorry to hear about this! I will pray for you! Thanks for keeping us posted. I know it is probably a difficult thing to blog about. You have such a darling little kids! I'm so glad that we can keep in touch through blogs!

Linnae said...

You go Sarah! Keep up the great attitude.

Ginamarie said...

You are amazing. Please know that I think of you often. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I would be happy to do anything that I can, to help!

Juliet said...

You can do it! You are such a fighter. You can do anything with the Lords help just remember that.

Tracie said...

Have you read the pH miracle yet? It is a similar diet. You can do this! Nutrition is key. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Since i don't blog and facebook this is all news to me. I just happened to decide to pop in on your blog from another friend's blog and wham...The news! I am so sorry to hear about all of this, but I must say that of anyone I know that can do hard things, it is you. You have always amazed me! I am thinking of you and praying that the Lord's many tender mercies will sustain and lift you down this difficult journey! Lots of love,
Becky Heiner