Thursday, June 4, 2009

More of a KICK than a giggle...

...well, actually there is no giggle involved.

Because of the optic neuritis I have been experiencing, I was advised by my neurologist to have an MRI. I had that done last night and just got a phone call from him. He said that there are lesions on my brain and I will go in tomorrow to talk more about this with him. He did not say that I have MS, but that this most likely will lead to MS. I am sorry I don't have more information than that right now. I have a lot of questions too.

I had it all planned out in my head how I would tell people that there were no lesions, but I was not prepared to hear that I do. Curtis's response was, "It's sobering, isn't it." Yes, it is. It is hard to hold back the tears as I am writing this. This is life changing.

For your information, I am usually just fine. I have fatigue that seems to hit me pretty bad at times (especially when stressed), but normal day to day I get along just fine. It will be nice when my eye gets better, but for now my right takes over for my left and I have an automatic needle threader on my sewing machine (thank goodness for that!). I just had to get this news out and processed. Thank you all for your love and support. =)

8 comments:

Becca Curzon said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Sarah. Wow! Keep us posted. I will research MS and how you can lessen the symptoms and slow down the degeneration. I love you!

Lee said...

Ahhhhh! I am sure that is how you feel. Sorry! Keep us updated!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry Sarah. We will keep you in our prayers. Keep us posted. I love ya.

Tracie said...

Sarah, My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am sure that you are overwhelmed with emotions. I have a friend that has MS and she is very young too, and I can tell you, life goes on. When you are ready, I could also recommend a good book, it is a diet book, but I have heard it works wonders on MS. For now, see what your DR says. (((HUGS)))

Juliet said...

That is terrible news. We will be praying for you and your family.

Jennifer said...

I just got this as a prayer request from Sharon. I will absolutely be praying for you and your family.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry about your bad news Sarah. My prayers will be with you.

Emily S said...

I am so sorry, Sarah! This is hard news. I'll definitely be praying for you!