Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Getting Ready

The baby room is all set up, all unisex clothes washed and in the drawers, bed made with cute new brown and green bumpers, valances made and hung, diapers purchased and blankets folded ready to use.

The doctor brought over the birthing tub and all the needed equipment last Tuesday and this weekend we tried it out. It comfortably fit Curtis and I. He plans on catching the baby, though he has some concerns that he won't be able to do all I need him to, I know he will be great. All I really need is him there beside me. And he will have help. The doctor plans on bringing a nurse or two and my mother, mother-in-law and two sisters will be there to help with all the little errands and watching the kids.




I am really looking forward to birthing comfortably at home, not stressing about if I will make it to the hospital on time, or worrying about the doctor doing unnecessary procedures.

I have been really uncomfortable today and really tired. I have had mild contractions the last couple of nights, but nothing that should get my hopes up too high.

Audrey kisses my belly goodnight and holds it as she bounces up and down saying, "Baby, baby, baby!" She can't wait to have a baby brother or sister.

We are ready little one!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How exciting Sarah Gibby. I hope you have a wonderful birthing experience.
I love that you have not found what you are having. We did that with our 3rd since we already had Fisher and Bailey. Good luck and I can not wait to meet new baby.