Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The First Week


I can't believe our Claire Bear is already more than a week old. She has been so sweet and the kids love her so much. She is a good eater and a good sucker, already starting to enjoy a pacifier.

I am recovering well. I feel better now than I did the last couple months of pregnancy. It is so good to have my body be my own again, even if it isn't the same.

This is a picture of her hair. I know it doesn't look like much, but for us it is a lot. Nathan says, "I have blond hair and her hair is dark!" Not sure where the dark hair came from either.

We were trying to get a picture of her tongue tied mouth in this picture.
She didn't like it very much and you can't see it, but it is pretty significant and it will be cut at her first appointment to the pediatrician.

4 comments:

Curtis Gibby said...

What an amazing photographer you have!

Ginamarie said...

My little Zachary was tongue-tied too! It took a couple of clippings to free his tongue because his was a pretty severe case. Now that we got it done, he is doing great and is able to nurse sooooo much better. Good luck with everything.

Angela said...

I didn't know you had this blog, Sarah. Thanks for getting me up to date. That's awesome you had a home birth. I'm excited.. and a little nervous. I think I have a bit of an education ahead of me to get ready for it.

I didn't know being tongue-tied was a real physical condition... just an expression. Wow. I hope she doesn't mind the snipping:) She's beautiful. Congratulations!

Alaura said...

Sarah. She clearly gets her dark hair from our side of the family. Because we're awesome.