Thursday, July 1, 2010

R.I.P. Goldie

Back in January of 2007, I bought Audrey two fish. It didn't take too long before one of them died and we kind of expected the next to follow since we only paid 26 cents for them. But here it is 3 1/2 years later and we are finally saying good-bye. I'm sorry to say it is probably my fault.



Back in December my mom cleaned the fish tank for me after about a year of algae growth. Audrey was so surprised to see Goldie (who was once named Jack) so big. She had no idea she had a big fish and Nathan was happy to actually see the fish for the first time in his memory. So here it is 6 months later and we couldn't see the fish through the algae again. I thought it would be nice to get a tank that cleaned it's self, so I bought a mermaid tank and a sucker fish. The wimpy little filter didn't seem to work. The sucker fish died in less than two weeks and I returned the cheap tank that got cloudy faster than the first. I really hoped that even though Goldie was looking a little sad, that a new tank would make all the difference. Goldie died while we were at the pet store buying a new tank with a bigger filter.

We will miss you Goldie. What a tough fish.

No comments: