Friday, April 3, 2009

Sarah the Pill Popper

This is one meals worth, I counted over 40 per day!


I couldn't fit all the pills in the boxes that I have, so I had to go buy bigger ones!


Why am I doing this you ask?
Well, first off, they are Standard Process Vitamins, made with whole foods, so you take 6 of this one and 9 of that one instead of just one chemically produced kind.

I recently noticed that one of my eyes is blurrier than the other. I went to an ophthalmologist and he said it was most likely optic neuritis. It is a swelling of the optic nerve, the cause is usually unknown and it will go away in hopefully about 2 months. In addition to that he suggested possibly getting tested for Multiple Sclerosis. About 50% of the people who have optic neuritis will eventually get MS. This is a scary thought. I have watched my Aunt Wendy slowly decline from vibrant to helpless, it is heart breaking. With my mom's advise and my dad's Standard Process discount we have started this regimen to build up my immune system and heal any damage to my nerves. I see the ophthalmologist again at the end of the month. We will see what he says, but for now I don't plan on being tested because I have no other MS symptoms.

By the way, do you think I have to subtract points from my Weight Watchers daily total because of all these pills? =)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: