Monday, February 23, 2009

Draper Temple

On Thursday, the family and I were able to see the new Draper Temple. Audrey had been looking forward to it all week and told everyone we met that day that she was going to the temple and "I am a kid!" She understood that this was special because usually only adults can go into the temple.

I was impressed with how organized it was. We met at a meeting house and watched a short video (which I only heard a couple of sentences of because Nathan wanted to get down and go). Then we took a "blue" bus up to the temple. It was dark, so the temple was lit up beautifully, but we got the feeling that we weren't too far from a cliff as we winded our way up.

Inside the temple was beautiful, but very tan. I didn't expect it to be so tan. At one point at the start of the tour Audrey got a little giddy and giggled as she said, "I think I'm going to see Jesus!" I told her that we probably won't see Jesus, but she was right, this is the Lord's house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a green bus. I remember because we had to wait for 2 red buses and 2 blue buses to get back to our car at the green bus church.