Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Date to Remember...

Yesterday I had the idea to go to Provo and relive our first date, this time with kids. We are in Lehi staying at my mom's house right now, so we stopped to see where Curtis works on the way. We went to Doc's Pizza Buffet. This time we did not have a coupon. Yes, Curtis used a buy one get one free coupon on our first date! Then we went to the dollar theater and watched Wall-E, a more appropriate show for kids than Borne Identity, which we saw on our first date. So even though we spent more money this time and had two kids along with us, we had a wonderful time.
On our way we were reminiscing about dating and we couldn't come up with another occasion where Curtis planned and executed a date. So that was the one and only date we have been on that wasn't suggested by me. Hmmm...am I bossy or does Curtis just not have any ideas? I guess as long as we're spending time together, that's all that matters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A caveat to that -- Sarah means she couldn't remember a date BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED that I planned on my own. (Then after we got home I remembered a couple of other movies that we went to that I probably planned -- which were conveniently left out of this amusing story.)

Sarah Gibby said...

You can believe whoever you want, but I don't think Curtis would say, "Hey, let's go to a movie tonight!" It's usually, "What can we get free from Redbox?"

Lisa said...

What a cute thing to do. I love it. I know how you feel Sarah, we are just full of ideas. At least we know what we want. Way to go Gibby's.

Linnae said...

We something in common. We both had our first dates on this date! Go October! And I believe you by the way...

Linnae said...

Sorry, forgot the word HAVE...We HAVE something in common...I tend to do that a lot.